Saturday, January 03, 2009

Happy New Year

Nemanja and I have spent the last week in southern California. We were very busy, and constantly on the go!

For new year's eve, we went to Disneyland!


It was so cool how they had the park done up for Christmas. The Sleeping Beauty Castle was lit up, the Haunted Mansion was the Nightmare before Christmas Mansion, and they passed out party hats in the evening! There was a rocking party going on in front of Its a Small World, which was done up with so many Christmas lights. There were also masses of people everywhere, but we had a great time. I think, though, that I do not need to go to Disneyland again for another 3 years.


Tiffany and Jason invited N and I, and Ivana and Dinu, to have a fancy dinner party at their place. Tiffany and Jason got married this year, and they wanted to use their new fancy dishes. It was so much fun! We played Pictionary all night.

Later in the week we we lucky enough to see Sean and Mary. First, we went to a British pub and I had beans on toast and loved it! I also learned what a 'banger' was, which saved me endless nights of worrying.
Here is Nemanja in front of the pub.
Later, we played Citadels, and tried out our new breathalyzer. It didn't really work that well.

The holidays with the Isailovic's was of course fun. Here is our family shot.


We went out one night to a show to see Chinese acrobats. I got to wear the new dress I got for Christmas.



I spent New Year's Day with Quyen, shopping in Old Town Pasadena, a few mere hours after the Rose Parade ended. We had a good time shopping and not buying clothing. The next day, I got to have dinner with Aaron and Kate. We spent the night laughing and talking about fun things. After dinner, we went to a small cafe that had a fantastic jazz singer. And after that, Aaron only got a little lost on the way back to Nemanja's.
I'm glad to be back home. I have this whole week off in a forced vacation from work, and let me tell you, 5 days off work doesn't seem like enough time to do all the things I want to do!


















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home