Sunday, November 23, 2008

Healdsburg

This Saturday we went to Healdsburg for a day of wine tasting. I had the joy of planning the whole day (seriously, it was a lot of fun!) and I had a lot of friends join me for a great day.

We started the day by going to Passalacqua, which was a winery that Nemanja and I went to on our honeymoon. They had a lot of Zins, an a few expensive Cabs. More importantly, it had a wonderful place to have a snack before we started wine tasting.






Next, we went to Dry Creek Vineyard, which was literally across the street from Passalacqua. It was nice being able to walk from one winery to another.

This winery had a few nice, inexpensive whites, and a lot of fruit flies!


The best part about Dry Creek was that this is where we had our picnic! It was so much fun... I totally over planned so we had more than enough of everything. It was also just such a beautiful place to have lunch.
Finally, we ended the day at Simi, a winery I have visited with Kat and Chris in the past. While everyone tried a lot of different wines at this winery (they have a lot of variety) I went straight for the two reserve Cabs. Wow, they were good!
Overall, it was a nice, relaxing day.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home