Carrot and Cumin Soup
I don't have any pictures today because Nemanja took my camera to Yosemite (he's there with his sister for his sister's friend's wedding).This soup is awesome for a couple of reasons. First, it's really flavorfull. Second, it's a recipe for one serving, so if only you will eat it, that's OK!
Carrot and Cumin Soup
Lisa's Note: I didn't peel the tomato because I was lazy, and I used a red onion instead of a shallot, and I didn't use the sherry or sour cream. I did not make a bouquet garni, which is a bay leaf tied to fresh parsley tied to some thyme. I just used a bay leaf. Finally, I didn't finely chop anything, I just chopped the ingredients, then I put the soup in a food processor when the soup was done.
1 medium-large carrot
1 small garlic clove, peeled and chopped
1 medium-large shallot, peeled and finely chopped
1 ripe tomato, skinned and chopped
1/2 tsp ground cumin
generous 3/4 cup vegetable stock
1 bouquet garni
freshly ground black pepper to taste
2 tsp dry sherry (optional)
1 tbsp light soup cream, to serve (optional)
punch of cumin, to garnish
1. Put all the ingredients except the sherry and sour cream in a lidded pan.
2. Bring to simmering point over high heat, then reduce the head, put the lid on and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Cool slightly and remove the bouquet garni.
3. Pour the soup into an electric blender and puree until smooth.
4. Return to the pan, then add the sherry, if using, and reheat. Taste for seasoning. Serve with a swirl of soup cream, if using, and a pinch of cumin.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home