Sunday, October 05, 2008

Events in the End of September

The last two weeks have been very busy for me. I've traveled, taken a vacation, survived the end of the quarter, had a job interview, had our apartment flood, and visited lots of friends.



First, we went to the wedding of Tiffany and Jason. They are both artistic people, so it was a beautiful wedding. And Tiffany had so much lace on, it was awesome! The wedding was in San Clemente, at a Spanish house overlooking the water. Me and Nemanja. Awwwwwwww.
Dancing....

Nemanja and his sister.

The day after the wedding, we went to a dinner at a Serbian family's house. Our friend Mark was with us for the weekend. Here is Nemanja and Mark, drinking Serbian brandy. What else would you drink with lunch?
We had lots of good food. Like beef salad! (it's in the middle front)


Let's just say I can't drink as much as Serbians or Mark. I had to take a lie down.
The next day, we were of to Claremont, Ca to visit Sean and Mary and celebrate Nemanja's birthday. First, we played with Sean and Mary's cat, Bunpote, who, when he lies around the house, really lies around the house!

Since it was Nemanja's 30th birthday party, we of course had a Logan's Run themed birthday party. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logan%27s_run#Film
This is Nemanja's cake, with his face on the body of the main character in the movie.

Of course, the night evolved into the need for a Vodka tasting contest. Money was bet, rules were argued over. In the end, Mark won. Possibly Shane lost. I am not clear who else was playing.


During the rest of the week, we saw Quyen, Aaron and Kate, my grandma, and several of Nemanja's friends.
We returned to Berkeley, where our toliet promptly flooded half our apartment.
Before I went on vacation in SoCal, a recruiter called me about a potential job interview. I did an in-person interview when I returned from SoCal, and really like the job. But the commute would be too long, and I actually do like my job right now.
Then, I had to fly to Rockford Illinois.

Yup, that's the exciting place I was working. The building I was working in was on the other side of the street.
I didn't have a chance to try any real "Chicago" food, except at the airport where I ate at "Potbelly's" and had a really good sandwich. When I was at the hotel however, they had frozen White Castle burgers, which I had to try. They sure were kind of gross! But worth it.


When I got back to Berkeley (again) I decided to cook a lot.


I made Borscht (beet soup) which was only OK. But I also made a chuck roast with vegetables, and it was really good!

Karen and Neal came over, and helped us eat our food and play our Wii.
And all of this is why I have been so non-responsive the last couple of weeks.











1 Comments:

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

That's a really spectacular-looking cat!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home