Thursday
It's funny that I was contemplating writing a blog post on how the web 2.0 hadn't affected *me*. Yes, I would write this. On a blog.In a way, I feel like blogging and facebook have always been there in my life, it's just that everyone else has finally caught up with me. I've been keeping a journal for years, and I frequently read passages to my friends over the phone (an early blog). I used to love writing letters to people just letting them know what I was doing that very moment (a status update). And actually, when I was younger I used to write letters at the rate of emails. I mean, I think there are many people out there who have received more than one card or letter from me in a week!
I enjoy being part of a community, but a community with boundaries. I am happy with only seeing my friend's status updates during the week, but seeing them in person on the weekend.
Anyway.
Work is fine. There isn't that much to say about the office anymore, since I think the craziness has become normal to me. I mean, it would be more effective and efficient for me to post Dilbert comic strips on my blog then to write about what happened in the office that day.
I still can't sit still in meetings, but when I really start being annoying, I take a step back and realize I have to be professional. I have gotten better at not answering emails right away. If someone asks you for something and you give it to them right away, then they think you are at their beck and call. I now have at least a 1 hour lag period on emails to people who aren't nice to me all the time.
I guess I've been having fun learning more about the technology at my work. I go down to the lab and hang out with our engineer, and learn about output nodes and vertical transfer and how combining pixels doesn't increase well capacity. It's pretty fun.
This weekend I'll hang out with family, but labor day weekend N will be in Canada for a wedding. I hope to see Kat and Chris, go to a housewarming party, and go to the "wine thing" I've been talking about for months in Livermore. Anyone want to go?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home