David's Olympic Party
David had an opening ceremonies party last week. It was a lot of fun. I love to watch the Parade of Nations, and try to guess the order of the countries. Unfortunately, this year it was not Alphabetical, but it was in the order of the number of brushstrokes in the first character of the country name. So we had no chance.But we did get to learn about countries we never had heard of, check out the fashion of each country, and calculate the athlete to population ratio for each country. (India is WAY behind)
And we got to cook food! I had a great time cooking.
I made Pesto:
Sangria:
And mini tostadas, that we put in a cupcake display rack. The Chinese flag in the back is actually from China.
It was a fun day.


2 Comments:
All of your activities always look so swanky!
What about the opening ceremonies show thingy?! I couldn't *believe* how amazing they were. Not just grand (which they obviously were) and perfectly executed (again obvious), but so artistic and thoughtful! And the use of technology - it wasn't technology for technology's sake, but truly to advance the artistry! Amazing. Okay, I'm kindov a fan of this year's opening ceremonies. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home