Thanksgiving
This past week, I was super excited about the Thanksgiving holiday. I think mostly I was happy to have two days off. I never realized I would be one of those people who looked forward to holidays so much, but when the work week just comes and goes and comes and goes, it's really nice to have an event to look forward to.At work on Monday, we had our annual Thanksgiving party. I of course was the first one downstairs to get in line for the food. I'm lucky people put up with me so well at work! On Tuesday, the Twlight series books arrived, so I left work at 2pm, in the middle of a meeting, to go home and read the first book. I love my job. Then Wednesday, I scheduled meetings for the whole day so I wouldn't have to do any actual work. It was a great week!
Thanksgiving with my family was of course nice. Before we headed over there, however, we stopped over at Yatish and Jen's in order to have pre-meal Buffalo Wings! It was awesome.
After Thanksgiving dinner, my brother talked us into something we've never done before: an after dinner game! My family isn't into games, and we have a hard time finding anything we like doing together. But now with Nemanja in the family, Matt has an allie. We played Settlers of Catan, for like two hours (one game). Here is my family posing in a thoughtful, game-playing pose.
The day after Thanksgiving, I took myself to the movie theater on Shattuck to watch Twilight. Boy, is that theater run down. I love it! Today, Kat, Chris and Carson came over and we had an excellent time hanging out. After they departed, Nemanja and I set up our little Christmas tree. We had do, since we had gotten our first Christmas card from Yatish and Jen in the mail. I can't believe it! I wasn't the first person to send out Christmas cards. :)
1 Comments:
Yay Settlers! :)
Post a Comment
<< Home