Sunday, December 07, 2008

Grace's Wedding

My friend from Pomona, Grace, got married over the weekend in Southern California. I was so lucky to attend this wonderful event!



The day started out with Kate, Aaron and I driving around in circles in the Pasadena area. Good times. The church was beautiful, and I got to see Kevin for the first time since my wedding.







After the ceremony, we made it down the street where the reception was. I saw my friend Lisa K for the first time in 7.5 years! It was so wonderful to get a chance to see her. It was a little weird at first. At one point, one of us said, "so, what have you been up to for the last 7 years?"
Part of the fun of the day overall was driving around in the car with Kate and Aaron. Kate and I told stories about books and music, and Aaron called us Nerds. Fun was had by all.


It was great to see so many members of the old sponsor group (SpoGro) in the same place at the same time.


Me and Kevin with the lovely bride.


I love this picture, because every looks as happy as silly as we were in college.

Grace and Aric's wedding had the largest cake I've ever seen in person. It was amazing. And tasty!



I like this picture of me with my Pomona guys. I remember how freshman year Aaron, Kevin and I would have brunch on Sundays together.



The day had so many highlights. Of course, seeing Grace walk down the aisle with her parents was amazing. Finally meeting Aric during the reception was also wonderful. During the slide show that Grace and Aric put together I almost started crying, because it was so neat to see how each of them grew up and became who they are today.


Other highlights included when I first saw Kevin in the church. I could pick out that back of a head anywhere! Then, when Grace and Aric were leaving the church, I saw Lisa K's profile, which also was so easy to pick out, even after all these years.


When Lisa K saw me, she said "you're so tiny!" Dude, it's so nice to have my weight under control.


Another great moment was when Lisa K and Kevin discussed me being in Marketing. They implied that it was meant to be for someone of my personality. One said, "it's obvious" and the other said, "I know, why didn't we see this coming?"


Finally, sitting around our table for lunch, it was like old times. Everyone made fun of Kevin who doesn't like people looking at him. Kevin picked on Dina. Lisa K and Kevin made up stories together in order to make me fall for a joke. Aaron giggled now and then. And of course, we had Kate to look at all of us and think we were both crazy, and pretty fun (at least I hope!).


There is no way the day could have been better.

I also wanted to mention that Nemanja and I put up our tiny tree again this year. Send us a Christmas card, and you too could be featured under our tree. :)






























2 Comments:

At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are my ears that big? or stick out that much?

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you were only 30minutes away from me and didn't even call to say "Hi." : (

 

Post a Comment

<< Home