Thursday, December 18, 2008

First Half of December

It's been a busy December so far! I was attending a trade show at the Moscone Center, which took up a lot of time, and lead to a lot of fun experiences.
I spent last Friday setting up the show, which totally stunk. But fortunately, once I was done, I got to go with Karen to her company holiday party. I wanted to learn what real company parties were like!
First, we took a picture of the two of us. Karen looks so flashy in her dress. And see, we are fake talking! Thanks for taking pictures, Nemanja! The party was a lot of fun. We had to write a song, and make gingerbread houses. Somehow, I got volunteered to be the model for "toilet paper Christmas". I was an angel. Can you tell?

Everyone was very impressed with Karen's draping skills.

The next day, I had to spent the evening at the trade show. Boring! And thus it continued for a few days. On Wednesday, on the last day of the show, one of the advertisers I work with said he was going to take me out to lunch at this place in SF called "Aqua." Apparently, this is one of those cool places in the city. It was sooooo great! We had such fancy food, it was all good, and the presentation was good to! And the wine! We had a a two hour lunch, and I felt like such a business professional. Mostly because I was not doing any work.

Other than that, the highlight of the show was explaining to someone from the east coast that the bay area is "northern" California, even though it really is in the middle, and how this was just like Ohio being "Midwest" even though it is mostly east.

Oh, I also got to eat at El Sombero on University and Shattuck. It's no longer just Mexican food. Now, it's Pakistani, Indian and Mexican. Anyone wondering what this means? Simply, it means you get to watch a Bollywood movie while ordering your burrito, and they also have Samosas. It's still the best burrito in town.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home