Sunday, October 02, 2005

Take my weddings, please!

This year I have gone to 4, possibly 5, weddings, and I wanted to create a few posts talking about the unique features and the beauties of each one. After attending all these weddings, I can’t decide if my desire to get married has increased or decreased! I love the beauty, and the love, and the flowers, and am terrified of ever having to plan a wedding as perfect and special as all the ones I attended this year.

The weddings I attending were:
1. Derek’s, a friend from the lab.


2+3. Devin’s, one of my best buds from high school











4. Bryony’s, my college roommate and







5. Jeff’s, my good friend from high school.











This post will only address the flowers at each wedding, because this has taken me a really long time to post! Clearly, I am still working out formatting issues.

Derek’s colors were an antique rose color and white/cream. Very lovely and traditional, although overly girly for me. Although, as Nemanja pointed out to me later, all weddings are girly.

Devin’s Christian wedding had the striking contrast of red and white roses. The bride had a bouquets of 34 red roses, while the bridesmaids had matching bouquets, but in white. These looked especially good for pictures, I thought. And were very easy to hold.

Bry’s flowers were a little more wild-flower-ey themed. The colors she chose and the bouquets were lovely, but I think I liked smaller bouquets so you don’t have to hold the flowers sideways.

However, the style of the bouquets fit in perfectly with the style of Bry’s wedding, so I am not criticizing, it’s just not what I would do.

Jeff and Sonya’s flowers were calla lilies. The bride had a purple bouquet, and the bridesmaids had green bouquets. I normally like really big bouquets, with lots of flowers, but thes were really perfect. They looked so dainty and pretty.

Okay, this is all for now, but expect more later now that I know what I am doing. I think next I will focus on the cakes and the three important features of cakes: 1. How they look. 2. How they taste. 3. How much I got to eat.

1 Comments:

At 5:25 AM, Blogger D. said...

So fun! I can't wait to see the rest of the wedding posts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home