wired backwards
Working is both hard an not hard. I don’t feel any obligation yet to be amazing, but at the same time, I am there for quite awhile, and sometimes just sitting and staring at a computer and trying to figure out how it works is tiring.I was looking at some pictures my friend sent me a link too, and she mentioned that when dealing with her photographers from her wedding, she was “demanding.” That got me thinking. My friend is very successful. She’s always had a standard of what is best, and isn’t willing to compromise if its just not right. At least, she has always been this way when it came to buying clothes. I remember in high school, she would really think about something after she bought it, and return it if it was not what she had in mind, or was too expensive, or if someone she trusted didn’t like it. Me, I roll with the punches. If something is wrong, and it only affects me, I don’t really care. If it affects other people, or will cause people to judge me in a way I can’t stand, it freaks me out. Sometimes I think I am wired backwards, because I care so little for my own comfort, and care more about other people’s.
Not that you can’t be considerate when you are being demanding. My friend is for sure. I just don’t think I could set expectations for other people, even if they were good ones. But she has set these expectations for herself, and everything has worked out well for her, and I trust the standards she set for me. But for my friends, I let them be themselves, even if I think they could be or do better. I just have such a hard time telling people what to do, even if it would help me out.
I was just thinkin’.

1 Comments:
When you're nice about it, being demanding is all up front. If you're demanding after the fact (in other words if she started getting demanding when the photographer showed up, rather than when he bid the project) then people start to use other words to describe you when you're not around.
BTW, love your blog. You and Chia hair guy have to come over soon.
Chris
Post a Comment
<< Home