Friday, September 09, 2005

Disneyland!

Nemanja and I went to Disneyland just this last Tuesday. It was the day after Labor Day, so we reasoned that it couldn't be that bad. We got there, paid $10 for parking (why do they charge you for parking? I mean, what other option do you really have? It's not like they aren't getting your money some other way. What is next, charging fare for the tram?) and parked on the Daisy Level. We took the tram over, glanced at Downtown Disney, opted not to buy the special commerative Disneyland ticket (for 3 extra dollars, you get a shiny ticket!) and entered the park.


It was really strange, but I almost started crying! I had missed Disneyland, and I had so many memories of being there at different points in my life. Our first adventure, was to the bathroom line. Just kidding. There was no line.

We ran over to the newly opened Space Mountain. The line was about 10 minuts, which I think is the shortest I've ever waited for Space Mountain. The ride didn't seem different at all, except the guy from Saved by the Bell no longer talked to you while you waited in line. From there, we drifted over to Autopia sponsored by Chevron (TM). We waited in line FOREVER. It was like 40 minutes!! Poor Nemanja. I was practically hopping on one foot going "are we there yet?" I am terrible. We went on Autopia. I still don't think that ride is very interesting. But Nemanja loves it. So okay.

We went to its a small world. Very fun. We got off the ride just to see the clock chime noon. We then hit our first gift store of the day. I think we hit the teacups next. Super short line. It was like, 1 minute? Then at some point we also went to the Matterhorn, which had a 7 minute line, and Alice in Wonderland, which to me, just smells weird, but I guess is okay. I then went to the Mad Hatter and bought a hat because it was way too hot.

We went to Pirates, which had no wait, and Indiana Jones, which had almost no wait. Then we went to Jungle Cruise which had a 15 minute wait. I can't really remember the order we did everything after that, because we started running ineffieciently back and forth across the park. We went on the matterhorn 2 more times, Big Thunder twice, Splash Mountain once, the Haunted Mansion, Peter Pan..... and I think that was it. We went to Tom Sawyer's island. I sat with the tired moms while Nemanja ran around. We went to the gift shops in New Orlean's Square, and eventually went to Main Street, where we had out silouettes cut out, which was awesome, even if they were a little wrong.

We watched the parade, then headed home. A good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home