Monday, September 12, 2005

Napa

On Sunday I went to Napa with my mom, dad and grandmother. It was very different going to Napa with my parents who have "real jobs" as opposed to going with my poor friends, as I have the last 3 times I've gone to Napa.

We started the day by going to the Olive Oil Factory. I’m not sure if that’s what its called, but that is what we call it. It’s basically a small Italian specialty shop, that makes its own olive oil. My parents go once a year, and buy a years supply. Seriously, they buy gallons. They also bought capers and anchovies and other things in pretty bottles.

We then went down the street to Tre Vinge, a really nice Italian restaurant.
They had this cool fountain, which I took a picture of . It was basically this table, with a pitcher on it constantly spilling water.

Finally, we got to go to the wineries. We went to Folie a Deux, and tried several wines. Then we went to Sterling, which has a “ride” just like that one they got rid of at Disneyland, which I think was called the People Mover. Whatever was the one that went through the sky and also through the Matterhorn. We didn’t really pay much attention to the wine at Sterling, but it was very pretty. Then we went to Rombauer, where I bought a nice Zinfandel. Finally, we went to Grgich Hills, where we were so sick of wine, we split one wine tasting between the three of us (my grandma was asleep in the car). Finally we headed back to Danville.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home