Second Day of Work
I’ve been at work two days now. Very interesting! And tiring. Last night I fell asleep at 10:30 without a problem. Of course, I’m going to have to starting getting up at 5:30 am, so it’s good I can fall asleep early! In fact, right now, it’s 7:30 pm and I am ready for bed.My first day was signing forms, and being introduced to everyone. It is a very small company, so I met the President and the CEO very casually. I also met the fridge, freezer, and vending machines. I started to get my e-mail and computer set up. I also got introduced to the systems that tech support uses to track its calls.
Today I learned how to install drivers and software and cameras and printers. I got my own cubical, which is a nice size, and is next to the window. I learned that the coffee they make there is terrible, and I am probably going to bring my own tea. Tomorrow I learn how to build the equipment that we make, and that is going to take awhile.
The most interesting thing that happened today was when the director or head or something of internal sales (which I still don’t know what that means) sent me an e-mail of the Power Point presentation he sent to all the sales reps for the new microarray line the company is making. As I was going through it, I noticed at one point he referred to DNA as being made of amino acids. I pointed this out to him when he came by, and he was like, oh, whatever. I’ll mention to the sales people if I get a chance. Heh. Business is so different.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home