Monday, September 26, 2005

I had a great title for this post and now I forget it

Well, I just found out the other person who has my job, who has worked here for a year, is quitting in two weeks. He wants to do something different, more sysadmin stuff.

I have real mixed feelings about this. One, it's a little scary to think I will be doing this job alone until we hire someone else. Second, I really hope to be able to move up in this company, so it's hard to see someone move "out". However, the stuff he wants to do he can't really do in this company because there is only one person who does it. The stuff I am interested in, there are many people who do the job, and more positions should be opening up as the company expands. The person whose job I am replacing is now my boss.

I feel like I am too old to be wondering what I am doing with my life. Even though I know a lot of people feel the same way, I feel like I am in a worse situation somehow. I don't know why.

Today at work is really slow. In fact, I'm kinda bored. I have to be here 2.5 hours more. Then I am going to the gym! I signed up to go to the gym my parents go to. It's very nice. And on Sunday afternoons, it is so not crowded! I did the treadmill and bike, total time 35 minutes, and almost died. I am so out of shape.

1 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger D. said...

I am impressed. I went to my very first excercise class in 5 years last week. It was so fun! I was totally tired, but the instructor was so goofy that I was just smiling the whole time. I highly recommend excercise classes with goofy/dorky instructors (based on my sample size of 1). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home