We Went Out
I have a new "project" which I will blog about this weekend. But in summary, it's a list of things to do before we leave Berkeley. Granted, just like the Iraq war, we don't know when we are leaving, and don't have an exit strategy. But, someday Congress will stop funding us, and we will move out of this crazy town.On the list, was "go to Chez Pannise restaurant (not the cafe) for dinner. Thanks to Carla, who gave us a gift certificate as a wedding gift (go Carla!), we went this last Wednesday.
We used this as an opportunity to get dressed up.

I wore my new dress which I am going to wear to Mark and Charlotte's wedding. I was practicing wearing it, so I can learn more about how to accessorize it, what shoes to wear, how to fix my hair with it, etc.
Here is the wonderful dinner we had:
King salmon tartare with avocado, scallions, and sesame
Buckwheat noodles with new garlic, asparagus, and mustard greens
Grilled Sonoma Liberty duck breast with leek and spring onion confit, peas, and fried ginger
Baked apricots with pistachios and crème anglaise
And we had wine:King salmon tartare with avocado, scallions, and sesame
Buckwheat noodles with new garlic, asparagus, and mustard greens
Grilled Sonoma Liberty duck breast with leek and spring onion confit, peas, and fried ginger
Baked apricots with pistachios and crème anglaise
Whitehorn Cabernet Sauvignon - Carneros - 1998
It was fantastic! And it was fun walking there, and not having to drive. Although it took us twice as long to walk there in my shoes.

1 Comments:
How nice! I love the dress! is that the one with the pockets you kept talking about?
I'm jealous you went to chez panise too.
Post a Comment
<< Home