Friday, June 20, 2008

Things to do

Nemanja and I will most likely be leaving Berkeley next year. We don't know to where we will go, or when, but I am thinking about it. So, I'm making a list of things to do before we leave.

1. Eat at Chez Panisse Restaurant. - Done!
2. Go to CalShakes. - Done!
3. Have martinis in the afternoon at Cesars - planned.
4. Eat at the Viva Taqueria that is near Ashby. (I've been passing it for 7 years, I want to see what the inside is like. It's like a shack near the Claremont)
5. Go to a Cal sports came.
6. Go to Jupiter one last time.
7. Go to Pyramid. ( Take the bus )
8. Buy jam from Fat Apples.
9. Eat at an Indian restaurant on Solano.
10. Eat at a Medditernian place on Solano.
11. Have a picnic at the Berkeley Marina.

Okay, that is all I have for now. I know there are more! If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Right now I am watching the Turkey - Croatia game, and it's a fight for their lives, so I better get back to watching this.

2 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Cathy said...

I did this a few years ago when I left Berkeley and here are my suggestions, you may have done some of them already but these were my favorite Berkeley things...

- Go down the cement slide at Codornices Park.
- Eat the potato puffs at Gregoire's (I'm insisting you do this, Gregoire's is an amazing gourmet take out place and they have the MOST delicious potato puffs, they're like if french fries and mashed potatos had babies. Yum.)
- Eat at Vik's Chaat House
- Eat at Spenger's Fish Grotto
- Visit the Berkeley Rose Garden at sunset.
- Grocery shop at Berkeley Bowl.
- Driving range at Tilden Park.
- Tour the Scharffenberger chocolate factory and eat in their cafe. The chocolate french toast is especially good.

And I would suggest a basketball game in person over a football game. Football games can be loooooooong and boring.

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger Karen said...

Add:
Sunset cocktails on the deck at the Claremont (I'll do this with you!)

I second the chcolate factory tour. it's right next to the disc golf course, which I also recommend. Spengers is good fish, we usually go once a year. If you go on your birthday, and make reservations and tell them it's your birthday, they put your name on the menu.

When you go to the marina, bring a kite! I'll lend you ours that we bought for a picnic there.

Will there ever be a 'last' trip to Jupiter or Pyramid? And you forgot Triple Rock!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home