CalShakes
On Friday night, Nemanja and I went to see a play. It's hard to do things on the weeknights, after work. I was so worried about getting there late (for a play that started at 8:30pm) that I left work at 2pm. Did I work from home? No, I took a nap until 5pm. And then Nemanja took a nap from 6 pm to 7pm. And then we realized the play started at 8pm, not 8:30 pm, and we ran out the door.The play was Pericles, and it was put on by a group called CalShakes. They have an outdoor theater in a beautiful location. The reason we finally decided to go was that we found out they have $20 tickets if you are age 30 and under!
Here is Nemanja, happy we made it to the theater in time. Notice all the jackets and sweatshirts he is holding.
Here is the stage. See how beautiful the backdrop for the stage is!
Me holding the program.

This picture shows you the seats. Basically, you can rent beach chairs to sit in. And, you can bring food, wine, beer, whatever you want!
Nemanja and I didn't prepare well. I forgot to bring water. By the end of the play, it was so cold out that we needed to rent some blankets that the theater provides because everyone gets cold. We didn't bring out own food or alcohol. Next time we go, we will actually plan.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home