Wednesday, October 10, 2007

High School Reunion

I went to my 10 year high school reunion! Can you believe it? High school... with the stories of love and studying and drama and friends. It's funny, but no one involved with any of that was at the reunion, except Karen. Most of my friends were either out of state, or were in the year above me.

Katherine came with me, Karen and Nemanja. I was so glad. It was so fun to share the event with everyone.


Here is a shot of me and Katherine, high school rivals!The lovely ladies.

The funniest part of the night was that no one recognized me. I mean, honestly, I wasn't THAT overweight in high school. But apparently no one recognized me until they read my nametag. It was actually amusing after awhile, and made me feel good about my appearance.

What a night. High school was a blast, and I love remembering all the stuff we totally thought was important. The boys I was just so in love with. The drama with my friends. The phone calls that lasted all night. I kind of wish I could still have such devoted friendships like that, where 5 or 6 other people are just the center of your life. But I don't even enjoy talking on the phone anymore, so I know that's not possible. But it was once, and I'll remember that.

2 Comments:

At 2:37 PM, Blogger D. said...

We're just in the transition phase before another few people become the center of our lives: spouse and kids.

But as for friends - I think we're just as devoted, just in a healthier less dependent way. :)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger Seth said...

Hi Lisa! Aw, I'm sorry I missed the reunion, it would have been great to see you.

I still talk on the phone all night with friends. Oddly it seems that friends are more important to me now than ever before, especially since moving back to the west coast. I think maybe I was less open to intimate, open and completely honest friendships then and am now just discovering how gratifying and rewarding they can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home