Friday, September 21, 2007

Ceremony

Finally I am posting pictures! Things have been busy. I cut back on caffeine, to the point I was getting migraines. That caused me to sleep a lot. But! I am good now. So on to pictures!


Here is my dad walking me down the aisle.
What I really like about this picture below, besides how long my veil is, is looking at my friends looking happy for me. I love the church we got married in! Really. We had a great priest. It's the same church Nemanja got baptized in. And it's beautiful. And look how big Jesus is!





It was such an amazing interior. Those Orthodox sure know how to make an amazing church! Actually, most of the tile apparently was done by an Italian. My family was very happy about this. In fact, they donated money to further tile the church.




The Orthodox ceremony is very complicated. Above, we are standing with the maid of honor and best man next to us. I am the big white blob. The bridesmaid and groomsman are sort of standing to the side. At this point in the ceremony, the priest is praying.


After all the praying, we got candles. Then, we exchanged rings and said "I do." That was all we got to say the entire ceremony. Which was fine with me. I was so overwhelmed, I hardly knew where I was. It was stuffy too, so I mostly was thinking "don't lock your knees, and don't faint!"After the candles and the rings, we got tied together. Katherine kindly embroidered the scarf with our names in Cyrillic. So cool! Above, we are getting crowned. I thought we would get wreaths on our heads. Nope, we got full on crowns. But after the very long ceremony, we were married. And below, we left the church in black and white.

After the ceremony, I was very concerned that the marriage licence might not be filled out correctly. Here I am standing over Sean. I am saying "Sign it! Sign it!"
And then for Devin, "Sign it, sign it!"
Here are some group shots. Nemanja's family and friends.
My crazy, insane family.

It was a great ceremony.
See Devin! I totally didn't even mention how you totally fainted. :)










1 Comments:

At 2:29 PM, Blogger D. said...

Oh Lisa - I burst out laughing so hard at the end of that post that Susheem was a little concerned!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home