Sunday, August 26, 2007

Party and Nannie's

My mother insisted on invited everyone (and their mom, literally!) to the rehearsal dinner. So, my parents and grandma and uncle threw a buffet in my grandma's backyard. This was very special to me, since this is house my mom grew up in and that my great-grandmother took care of me in.


My parents were so excited that they had a big surprise for us at Nannie's house. Turns out, it was a couple of stuffed penguins, dressed as a bride and groom.

Nemanja is wearing the top hat of the male penguin.


The best part of the party was seeing my friends and talking to them. Although I am made at a couple of them (cough Kevin! cough Aaron!) for not making sure I got my picture taken with them!


Here is a great shot of me and Katie and Dev. I think the last time we were all in the same place was almost exactly two years ago at Dev's wedding.

And here is another great pic of me and Quyen and Katie and Bry. The last time we were together was almost two years earlier, and Bry's wedding. Seriously. More people need to get married so we can all hang out again. (cough Quyen! cough Katie!) Just kidding. I think this just shows that we shouldn't wait for weddings to hang out together. So I will try to see Quyen through work or at Christmas time, and I'm working very hard at getting work to send me to New York to see Katie. Bryony is a slightly difficult trip to make a business trip. And of course, if I actually get my but to the east coast for work, I will alert Devin. ;) Sigh. Boston and Manhattan are 4 hours apart! The east coast is so difficult. But I digress. I am just rambling. There are so many friends I want to see!
Neal, Karen and Mark. The people I see up here in the Bay Area.
See, Aaron and Kevin were there. And they were technically in a picture with me because I am in the background.
Nemanja had a ton of friends there. But since they don't read this, they are Not Picture.


The whole event passed in a blur. I am so sure I talked to people, but I remember almost nothing! Except Katherine and David showing up at the last minute, and the Waitmans kindly driving me back to the hotel.



A lot of people came. Family, friends, even Nemanja's friend Jeremy who couldn't come to the wedding. It was so special.

1 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

They are Not Pictured

MY NAME IS CASSIDY!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home