Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Gettin by

I have been so sick this last week. It got better, then worse, and I spent most of today blowing my nose. I left work early today, only after trying to patiently explain (read: yelling) to my boss that we couldn't complete the project in the time we were given. He, fortunately, understands my crankyness since I am pretty sure I caught said cold from him.

However, being sick and cranky has caused some problems. I didn't get to go to my friend's thesis party yesterday, and I haven't talked to Dev in ages and I ment to call her this last weekend. Also, I want to go to Monteray this weekend to a wine thing, but I am now freaking out that I will still be sick.

I still need to figure out what to do about work. I easily get frustrated and tell my feelings about projects going to my boss, who then can sometimes tell me I am being too emotional about the work. And sometime he tells me its really good I am emotional, and sometimes he tells me its not. I really need to learn to keep my emotions to myself. However, when in my life have I EVER been able to do that. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:29 AM, Blogger D. said...

You don't need to keep your emotions to yourself - you just need to tell them to us instead!

I hope you feel better soon. Don't push yourself - let yourself relax and get better, even if you have to miss a few things. (I'm really bad at the relaxing thing, so I get this advice all the time. I know it's good advice even though I have such a hard time doing it! One tip Susheem gave me - take nightime theraflu during the day. It'll *force* you to relax since you will be physically incapable of staying awake!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home