A Day In The Life
With Nemanja out of town, I am spending my Saturday doing errands that I didn't want to do with him, or required me to be in D-town. (That's what I call where I live)I woke up at 7:30, went back to sleep, and woke up at 10:30, which was nice. I got up, drank lots of coffee, and then ran out the door. I went to Jiffy Lube (oil change, new windsheild wipers, tired rotated), then the dry cleaner, then the shoe repair place, then Trader Joes. I came home, ate lunch, started laudry and then fell asleep for 2 hours. This was not planned. I woke up, had more coffee, worked on the laundry, ran to the gym an hour before it closed, then went to Longs then Safeway. I came home and cooked my brother dinner. I just finished washing my clothes.
After the coffee and the gym, I was full of energy. I was driving around in my car singing very loudly with the music. Now I am finally out of energy. It's only 7:30 pm.
Okay, that was all kind of boring information, but I dunno, I felt like writing it.
Last night, Friday, I went out to dinner with my grad school friends. I was all worried they would make me feel all insecure about leaving grad school. However, no one really mentioned it much at all, so I was able to relax and have a great time. I had pasta stuffed with tofu, which was really good! I'm totally on this soy kick right now. This week I discovered the soy latte. At first when you drink it, it tastes like cardboard. But then, you realize it's actually good! I realize that probably doesn't sell it to you, but that's okay. I'm just so excited for my latte to taste a little different that usual.
Anyway, after we ate dinner, we went to a tapas place is Berkeley and had drinks. We just laughed all night about stupid stuff, bringing up our favorite drunk moments from our first year of grad school, memories of living together, and slutty-ness on a relative level. It was just fun, and I managed to stay awake until 11:30 pm! I'm so impressive.
Tomorrow my friend Kat and I are baking Christmas cookies. I'm not even going to try to make them low-fat or healthy, so that way I can give them to other people as a gift.

2 Comments:
Like I would let you make low-fat, healthy cookies in my house! Isn't low-fat cookie an oxymoron?
You have to eat them too! I want to make cookies... I need cute holiday cookie cutters. :) I think I have a project for the day.
Post a Comment
<< Home