Adventures in Wonderland
Nemanja and I celebrated being together for three years this weekend. Our celebration started out well. Friday night we exchanged presents, and while Nemanja totaled surprised me by getting me anything at all (he said he wasn’t going to), I won overall for best gift, which made me very happy. (Lisa 1:Nemanja 0: Fate 0).Our plan for Saturday night was to go to dinner at a Mexican restaurant around 5:30, and then go to a nearby movie theater for the 8pm movie. Around 1pm, I called to make reservations at the restaurant. We were going to go somewhere I had been with my co-workers about 1 month ago. It was on the water, and near where I worked, and it was a Mexican restaurant. I figured it would be easy to find, considering I even knew the name of it. I looked it up in the yellow pages, but didn’t find the restaurant in San Leandro: it said it was in Oakland. I figured this could be right because it was also on the water like I remembered. I called the number to make reservations. The phone has been disconnected. (Lisa 1:Nemanja 0: Fate 1). I decide this isn’t a problem. So around 5:30 we leave, and end up in the car 10 minutes later than we expect. We drive, and eventually realize that our directions are taking us to Jack London Square even though I know the restaurants isn’t in Jack London square. We park anyways, and look at the Jack London square map. It says the restaurant is there. So we walk where the restaurants should be, and there is an abandoned lot . (Lisa 1:Nemanja 0: Fate 2). Of course, it’s Saturday night, so we can’t get a table anywhere else in Jack London Square. (Lisa 1:Nemanja 0: Fate 3). On our way back to the car, we stop by BevMo. (Lisa 2:Nemanja 1: Fate 3). We decided to go to our favorite Sushi place on the way home, and when we get there, we actually find parking right in front of the restaurant! (Lisa 2 :Nemanja 1: Fate 2). However, when we get inside, we are behind the largest party I have ever seen at this restaurant, and our food takes awhile to arrive. (Lisa 2:Nemanja 1: Fate 3). Nemanja suggests afterwards rather than going to the movie theater, since by now the movie is half over anyway, that we go back to his apartment, drink, and watch Charlton Heston in the 10 Commandments. (Lisa 2:Nemanja 2: Fate 3). This turns out to be a lot of fun. (Lisa 3:Nemanja 3: Fate 3).
What a Saturday night!
I spent Sunday putting up the Christmas tree and decorating it. I realized that my favorite ornament is missing! It’s the biggest ornament we hang on the tree! It was hand made by my Aunt! It says “Lisa’s first Christmas”. Very important. Admittedly, I have about 10 Lisa’s First Christmas ornaments, and my brother has 0, but that is not what matters. This was the biggest one!
Work is still going well. I realized last night that I am really happy doing my job. I enjoy getting things done, and being appreciated for it. I don’t care how simple my work is. This morning one of the sales reps who works for us told me that I was a real asset to the company. Isn’t that nice? It means a lot coming from a sales rep. And I had another customer call me a “goddess” when I solved his problem, which was just funny.
Tech support is hard. Irate customers, for example. And sometimes I get pissed off, and yell at the nice sales reps, like I did today. Put I called her back afterwards and apologized. She didn’t think I was being mean to her, so it was okay. But I have to kind of say that it was bad that she couldn’t tell our products apart. She had to ask me over the phone what system she had! Very funny.

1 Comments:
Congrats!
Post a Comment
<< Home