Thanksgiving, Day 1
My work is so much fun. It's great working at a small company.Things are really slow in tech support, because everyone is on vacation, so they don't have problems with their systems! I am sure when they are back from vacation, they will have all forgotten how to turn their computers on, so it will be really busy.
But today, I had a lot of free time, so I helped a little bit with the setup for today's Thanksgiving celebration. I was in charge of balloons. Our IT guy and a guy from production grilled. The grill was set up at the end of the parking lot.
And we, as a company, own two deep frying vats, and so they deep fried the turkey. Accounting set up the rest of the food. At noon, everyone came downstairs to the big kitchen. 
We had turkey, ham, mashed potatoes and all the other good stuff. My company doesn't seem to worry about the vegetarians too much, so there wasn't much for them, but no one is perfect.
I sat at the most intimdating table. After I sat down, I was joined by my manager, then the President of the company, than the CEO of the company. I didn't know if I should try to talk or not talk at all. Fortunately, we were mostly focused on the food.

We had the best pumpkin pie ever. It was from Bakers Square. It was sooooooooooooooooooooo good. I'm going to make my own pumpkin pie tonight, and I know it won't be that good.

1 Comments:
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm making turkey tomorrow for 12 people, I am so excited.
-Karen
Post a Comment
<< Home