Rants, no raves
I went to the most “ghetto” dentist yesterday. The waiting room had wallpaper coming off the walls. All the pamphlet boxes were empty, and all the signs on the wall looked like they were from the 80s. The light box that they put my X-rays on? Kept falling over, and the dental technician would have to pick it up and set it back on the table. The dentist was kind of rude, and mildly insulted me because my teeth were so nice looking.Sheesh.
Anyway, I only have one small cavity that they can’t do anything about because it is so small. I don’t really want to go back to this dentist, but I kind of feel compelled because they took 18 X-rays of my teeth. 18!
Have you ever watched the show 7th Heaven? It is the most offensive show I have ever seen, which is weird because its supposed to be all about family values. What I hate about it is that it is exactly the world that Dr. Laura thinks we live in. Women and mean an plotting and trick men into marrying them by getting pregnant. Men can’t control their desire for sex, but its usually the woman’s fault for being slutty. I just can’t BELIVE some of the conversation that are on the show. I mean, there was an engaged couple talking and it went something like:
Woman: You spend too much time with that other girl.
Man: She needs help because she has no family.
Woman: But why do you have to help her? You should be paying attention to me!
Man: Because she is coming to my family to help her. That is what my family does.
Woman: But you don’t have to be like your family.
Man: Well, she is pregnant and scared, and I just want to be a shoulder for her to cry on.
Woman: Alright. At least I don’t have to get pregnant and trick you into marrying me.
Man: No you don’t.
Woman: But someday I’ll be having your babies!
Man: Yes, but not right now.
It’s like watching a train wreck.

1 Comments:
Dentists are scary. I actually had a full on panic attack at my endodontist two months ago, afterward he prescribed me valium for our next appointment. So, this gets back to my main dentist, and now they give me a hand parafin wax before i sit down, they put me in the massager chair, and they give me nitrous oxide! But this was all following my first evil dentist from hell i saw early in the year, who did about $2000 worth of work that ALL had to be either re-done or led to a root canal.
Post a Comment
<< Home