Bride and Prejudice
I finally saw Bride and Prejudice. Hollywood meets Bollywood! About 10 minutes into it, Nemanja asked “is this a musical?!” It was really funny. I explained to him that the whole village bursting into songs about how happy they are that a wedding has come to town, and how it’s the most exciting thing that has happened to the village in awhile. And I LOVED it. I kind of felt the movie was almost like a parody of love movies. There is this one scene where the people who are falling in love are walking on the beach, and a 100 person gospel choir appears, while people start dancing with surf boards in the background.But honestly, it could have used a LOT more dancing and singing. I wasn’t satisfied! I watched all the extended dance scenes on the DVD.
Oh, and now whenever Nemanja and I see a Hindu wedding ceremony, we always ask where the coconut is.
I wish I could speak with a British/Indian accent. It is SO cool.
Anyway, anyone who likes the same types of movies as me would love Bride and Prejudice. Which is mostly none of you.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home