Sound of Music Interlude
I just watched The Sound of Music for the first time. How did I get this far in my life without watching it? It is because I thought I had seen it! I mean, I already knew every single song in the movie through some means, and I knew most of the plot. This week, however, Nemanja convinced me to watch it, over the course of two nights.Day one: Beginning through Maria leaving the house.
Reaction: This is the best movie ever! It’s so funny, it’s so interesting, and I love the music and the acting! Why has no one made me watch this movie before!? I blame Devin. Didn’t she like it so much?
Day two Part A: The family realizing Maria is gone through them escaping after the talent show.
Reaction: Wow, I am so glad they got married, but it’s too bad they have this whole Nazi problem. I know they will make it through, though.
Day two Part B: After the talent show to 30 seconds before the end.
Reaction: Oh my gosh, this isn’t where it ends is it?
Day two Part C: The End.
Reaction: THAT WAS THE END??? THEY ARE ALL GOING TO DIE OF THIRST AND STARVATION ON THOSE MOUNTAINS. THOSE POOR CHILDREN ARE GOING TO DIE. I CAN’T BELIEVE THEY ENDED IT ON SUCH A TERRIBLE NOTE.
I was upset for the rest of the night.

1 Comments:
No! They're going to cross the mountains just fine and be all nice and happy and Nazi-free!
After all, that's how Maria was able to write her book which became the play which became the movie!
(I just googled and found a cute summary on the website of a Vermont lodge... Anyway, it's still good reading: http://www.trappfamily.com/history.html)
Also, I can't believe you never saw it before! I blame me too!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home