Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Bridesmaids

Ah, the bridesmaid. What a honor to be selected, but what pressure and responsibility. And the dress, do you look pretty, or is the bride trying to make herself look even better? Here are a few snapshots of bridesmaid dresses from the weddings I have gone to this year. The main idea seems to be solid colors.

First, we have me as a bridesmaid at Devin's wedding. Devin really made an effort to get us dresses we might actually wear again, although I think only Devin and I really love the dress. However, I don't know where I would wear it. I never go anywhere that nice. Devin said I could wear it to a Christmas party, but how many fancy dress Christmas parties have I ever been to? Zero. Devin's life is just more interesting than mine. Anyway, there were two sytles of dresses that we wore, and you can see both of them in this perspective shot of a few bridesmaids. I felt like all seven of us were a little army in uniform.


Bry's bridesmaids were her two sisters and sister-in-law. The sytles were the same, but she chose to use different colors for the dresses. I believe that when Bry's sisters go married, they also used their other two sisters as bridesmaids. It must be fun to have a whole group of sisters who are so close.

Sonya also decided to use her sister-in-laws as bridesmaids, so Jill and Brita wore these pretty green dresses. You can also see the elegant flowers that were green like the dress. I talked with Jill before the wedding, and I could tell that she was so happy that Jeff and Sonya found each other. I also thought it was really special that Sonya wanted Jeff sister's to be her bridesmaids. It really shows how much she values her new family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home