Nov 9th. Comment: Hmph
A day after the California election, and I am a bit miffed at California voters. While overall I am happy with the election results, I still can't figure out what it is that California wants.The purpose of this election was to allow the Governor to make the sweeping changes that he felt he needed to fix this state, changes that the Democratic legislator wouldn’t allow him acess to. No more “business as usual”. He thought that since the "people" voted him in, they would allow him to bypass the legislator and have the power he wanted. But no, the state shot him down totally.
It is as if the state isn’t happy with any of their options. They elected someone new, but won’t let him do what he wants. I wish that people realized these were the kind of changes he was going to make when they voted a year ago, so we could have avoided all of this.
Now, I realize there is more to this. The vote last year also had a “just get rid of Gray Davis” component. But still. I wish California had a solution we could all agree upon.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home