No cool title idea.
I went to the American Society for Cell Biology meeting on Monday. It was pretty cool. My Dad drove me to BART in the morning, and I managed to totally not locate the Moscone Center, even though it's right by the BART station, for about 10 minutes. I got to the show super early, and checked in and found our booth. It had been set up over the weekend by other memebers of my company.So I get there, and it turns out no one else shows up from my company for 2 more hours. Apparently I am the only one who likes to be on time. :) Like I said, my company is laid-back. This gave me plenty of time, when not talking to customers, to become friends with the woman in the booth next to mine. We totally hit it off, and went out to lunch together.
I saw a couple of Berkeley Profs, one that I had taken a class from, but I didn't say hi or anything. The highlight of my day, though, was when I saw my Pomona College Advisor! I said Hi, and after about 10 seconds, she remember my name, and remembered where I was in grad school and all that stuff. I told her I had left grad school and why, and she said I had made the right decision. She hugged me like 4 times. It was pretty neat.
I left a little early from the show, considerinig I was like there two hours before everyone. My mom picked me up and I went home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home