Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Eyes Open

Last week I went and saw Snow Patrol in concert!!!

My relationship with Snow Patrol is very complex. At first when I heard their songs, I thought to myself, "these guys are getting such a big deal made over them, but they totally suck." Then, after many hearings of songs on the radio, I was like, "Oh My Gosh. They are the One. I shall marry them."

Around that time, they played a concert in SF, but it was sold out!!!! So when I found out they were coming back here in March, I put a lot of effort into making sure I got tickets, even though it was at Bill Graham Civic, a venue I hate.

So I went with my friend Michelle. We get there, and Silversun Pickups opened. Eh. Then OK Go played, who I was actually excited to see. But honestly, other than their snazzy outfits, eh. At this point it was 9:30pm and I was ready to go to bed.

Then Snow Patrol came on.

Wow. They just, and pardon the term, rocked. They just walked onto stage and did their thing and made it seem liked they loved being there. It was amazing.

Afterwards, I thought about Snow Patrol. My love for them is a bit like Toad the Wet Sprocket. They are emotional. They write great lyrics. They pull at your heart strings. They make you think of bright lights flashing in your eyes. Does this mean to that my love for them will fade, asigning them to a place and time in my life? Will they peak and then end?

Who can say.

1 Comments:

At 12:20 PM, Blogger Karen said...

I apparently live in a cave, I've never heard of Snow Patrol.

All that traveling sounds awesome! Is that all for work?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home