The Heat Is On
Balancing work and the rest of my life has been exceptionally difficult lately. There was this drama with me almost leaving my work, and then there are all my work deadlines. I have to design a new website and deliver a brochure by the end of next month, and we still haven't committed to a product line yet. When people ask me for things at work, my standard reply is "I am scheduled to answer that in the Second Quarter." Oh, and someone smashed my car window in so I had to get that repaired as well. In the rain.Meanwhile, all my friends are either graduating school and moving away, having babies, or getting married, or live far away which of course requires more effort to stay in touch.
The fun stuff with the wedding is still fun. Trying to find a cake design, trying to finalize our wedding invitations, and, well, actually I am still freaking out about how to attach the veil to my head.
We have a wedding symbol!

Okay, it was purple on my computer.....but the image is right. Isn't it cool? It's off my wedding dress. Thank you, Vicki my favorite graphic designer.
I still can't figure out how the final wedding is actually going to come together. So when you come, you better appreciate it if we actually pull it off.
Right now I am working on work, while watching lots of TV. I think Law and Order is on at all hours on any chanell, Monk is my favorite show, and right now Kean Reeves has two movies on two different channels.

3 Comments:
I love your symbol! That's so neat that you got it from your dress.
hehe. I was working in front of the TV yesterday. Susheem came in after about half an hour and asked me what had happened on the show. I didn't even know what I was watching!
That's a super-cool wedding symbol. I have no idea who Vicki is, but go Vicki. :)
And my mom is probably going to fly from Sri Lanka for your wedding. hehe. I love my mom. I love that she's even in Sri Lanka in the first place. My family's so crazy.
You have discovered Monk!! I love that show, Neal can't stand it. Its one of those shows where nothing bad ever happens... :)
Post a Comment
<< Home