Visit before Christmas
Ivana (Nemanja's sister) and her husband Dinu came to the bay area to stay with us. Due to timing issues, Nemanja left a day later and Dinu and Ivana spent their time with me! It was so much fun.We went to SF for a day. We did lots of tourist stuff that you never do in your own town until people come to visit. We drove to a place where you get a nice view of the city. I was so excited to see such a picturesque place, that I made them take this picture of me.
I was so happy! It's like "look, I live in SF!" even though I don't really. (Also, Kat, see I am wearing the scarf you made me for reasons other than Halloween costumes!)We had such a nice time looking at the view. Here is a picture of me, Ivana, Dinu and their friend Jill who lives in Piedmont.
We also went to Alcatraz, which I had never been to before. It was neat! We did the audio tour, but I wanted to just run around the place. It made me feel like a kid, even though it was a jail. Even the boat ride was fun!
Here are Ivana and Dinu in jail. Where they should be. Just kidding.
The last night they were here, my parents cooked a special dinner for them. It meant a lot to me that my parents went out of the way to have Nemanja's sister and husband at their house. We had a fancy dinner on the Christmas china, and I think it made them realize how special they are because they are family now. My grandma was there too, and she was excited to me them both as well. Honestly, that dinner was more fun than our Christmas dinner!

1 Comments:
I love how we grew up here, yet never do this stuff unless we have out-of-towners. At least we know WHERE things are! Neal and I are always doing those tour days for various Texans, but we still haven't had any that really wanted to go to Alcatraz, so I have still never been!
Post a Comment
<< Home