Saturday, October 07, 2006

Today, I was home alone. Well, not really alone. Our crazy Chinese landlady has a weird Chinese repair guy, and since we have a hole in our ceiling, he spent the day here with me at the apartment fixing it.

The repair guy doesn't say much, I don't say much to him because he always ends up doing really nice things for me I feel bad about. For example, he was using the trash can in the bathroom to hold broken bits of our ceiling. I tried to tell him we had larger trashcans he could use. A few moments of hand gestures later, he told me he would take out all the trash in all my trashcans when he finished. I gave up.

Then, my crazy landlady came by. First, she apologized for the trouble we've had to go through (broken sink, broken fridge, leaking ceiling, hole in ceiling, broken toilet seat) but I really get that she is sorry, so she doesn't need to do that anymore. Then, she asked me if I was cooking dinner (it was 2pm) because she really wanted to make me Chow Mein. I told her I had started dinner. She asked if she could see it. I showed her the pork chops marinating. She didn't get it.

Our crazy landlady, Judy, likes to talk, in what Nemanja calls "JudySpeak". You get the idea of what she is saying, but sometimes you give what you think is a normal response, and she just looks confused, so you know you missed something.

After talking about my dinner, she told me how much she likes Nemanja. How very nice he is. How very nice I am. How her daughter thinks I am beautiful. How we need a bigger rice cooker (OK, she didn't say that this time, but she has said it before). At this point, I really needed to get back to the title of this blog, which was my OCD. So while she talked to me, I stepped into the shower and began scrubbing it.

Yes, today, I disinfected the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, unloaded it, organized the fridge, vacuumed the apartment, dusted the apartment, mopped the floors, cleaned the scary, scary bathtub (I found it is actually totally white. I thought it had a pattern on it. Nope. That was dirt)), organized the bookshelf, did my laundry, did Nemanja's laundry, and made a list of all the things I'll clean next time I get this OCD.

Note: I just ran spellcheck, and blog was picked up as a wrong word!!!

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger D. said...

Nice! Next time you get hit with your OCD, want to come over? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home