Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Hail, Pomona ,Hail

I went back to Pomona for the first time since I graduated. 5.5 years!!! Can you believe it?? I went back on New Year's day.

We had spent New year's eve at the home of Sean and Mary. Mary is a new professor at Pomona, so she was an excellent tour guide! She even took us into a building that was brand new. Lincoln -Edmunds, or something like that. (What I love about buildings on the Pomona campus is that they each house like 4 departments. Such as lingusistics, computer science, geology and psycology).

This pictures below is in front of Smiley, my freshman year college dorm. We called this area, right outside of Kevin's window, his backyard, or something like that. Whatever we called it, I have several pictures taken here from my college days.

I visited the outside of every one of my college dorms. Thinking back on that day, I wish I had taken a picture of the outside of all of them. In college, I took pictures of the inside, but now, as an outsider, I take pictures of the outside.

I always loved the look of north campus, and here it is. In the background, you can see the fountain that everyone, including me, was thrown into on their birthday.
And finally, the gates of Pomona. Now they are in the middle of campus, but they are the gates nevertheless. When I was a freshman, I took a picture in front of the other side of the gates, which say something like "Let only the eager, thoughful and reverent enter here." Now, as a graudate, I stand next to the side that says "They are only loyal to this college who departing bear their added riches in trust for mankind." How cute.
I also loved seeing the new science building on campus. It totally was neat! I wish I could have gone inside. I guess this means I am going to my 10 year reunion in 4.5 years!

3 Comments:

At 3:56 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

SMILEY CAN'T PARTY!

 
At 6:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...my old window...that made my day. we need a smiley-one reunion soon, this fall will be our 10th year (since we all met).

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger D. said...

speaking of going back to old schools and reunions ... We've graduated from high school 9 3/4 years ago! Hmm....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home