Wednesday, March 01, 2006

just keep bloggin', just keep bloggin'...

I've had the most stressful day to date at work.

Let's beging with the fact that I only got 5 hours of sleep since I spend the evening in Berkeley hanging out with my lovely friends Jessica and Mark. More on that later.

I had a customer send us a damaged part and insist we replace it for free. Then yell at me because people at his university installed random programs on his computer that caused his system to die. Then he thanked me for my help.

Then I had a customer on one of our new systems blow a fuse. It took me 5 hours to locate said fuse. One person in the company had them. And he was in meetings or not in the building all day. I called him, e-mailed him, left him sticky-notes. I finally started doing building sweeps every 30 minutes, until I found him. I managed to get the part shipped out 20 minutes before shipping closed. I made sure now ever gosh darn last person in the company has the specs for the stupid fuses so we never have to do this again.

Shipping shipped the wrong part to a customer. That pretty much pissed the customer off.

Finally, I started training on the new system we sell. (It's kind of funny... the running joke in the company is that I'm going to be the new product manager. Not that it is that funny... but it is) Our engineering guy and our more bio-engineering guy got into a huge fight in front of me on something that is neither of their faults, but they blamed each other anyway. Really, it was my fault for wanting to learn.

I should go home. I can't believe I am still here, working. Well, I am blogging.. so I guess its okay.

I really wanted to post about the performance I went to last night! Oh well... maybe tomorrow...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home