Feb 14th
I watched the Olympic Opening Games on Friday at Katherine’s house. What a hoot! Those Italian people sure are totally insane! The themes of the evening were “light things on fire”, “Italy: we had the renaissance and you didn’t”, “skating cows” and “Ferraris are cool.” We had so much fun just laughing at everything that was in the ceremony because it was so bizarre. Very entertaining. Maybe if I was actually watching it from the stadium in Italy, I would have appreciated it more.Saturday night, we went to Claim Jumper with some friends and had a very nice time as well. I had a Long Island Iced Tea, which tasted so good, but I really don’t think it had any alcohol in it. I also had a veggie burger, which was surprisingly bad. Yes, I said surprisingly.
This week I am mostly pouting about work. There is so much I want to do here, but it’s hard to know what I need to do without people telling me! I know my job in tech support. I can do that with my computer tied behind my back (?). But I want to branch out, and everyone agrees with me that I should. They’ve given me several other jobs, but don’t explain how to carry them through. Now, you might think I should just ask someone right? If I ask in person, they are too busy to talk to me. If I ask in e-mail, they are too busy to respond. Ggrrrrrrrrrrr.
I am implementing a new strategy. I’m bringing issues up with people once a month, then once a week, then every day. We’ll see what happens. I’ve also decided that my manager is going to earn her title by listening to me voice my concerns. She’s really good about listening, and methods of solution. However, in the process I think I got my co-worker in trouble. Well, he was totally not working that hard, so I think it was good for him.
It’s not easy being green.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home