Sunday, January 22, 2006

Star Wars

Nemanja and I finally saw Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith. I can't believe it took us almost a year after it came out to see it! I loved 4, 5 and 6 when I was a kid. I have to admit that watching them now is a little hard because I've seen them SO MANY times.

When The Phantom Menace came out, I remember being so excited to see it in theaters. I went and saw it, and it was exciting to see, except that Pod race was so darn long. I also remember leaving the theater and saying to my friend "it's so sad that so many bad things are going to happen to those nice people."

After Attack of the Clones, I had had enough. The story Lucas was telling was great, but the move wasn't so much. Also, I new that Revenge of the Sith would be super depressing. Nothing good would happen in that movie. So Nemanja and I didn't see it in theaters, even though we ment to. And we never rented it, even though we ment to. Every time we almost rented it, we realized we wanted to see something "happy." Finally, our friends Kat and Chris just lent us the DVD. It still took us over a week to watch it. We finally sat ourselves down saturday afternoon and watched it.

It sure was depressing! You could see how easily Anakin was manipulated, and how blind Padme was. (It was also sad there wasn't enough Padme). I was also dissapointed that they didn't explain why Luke and Leia were called Luke and Leia. I was also sad when baby Luke was given to his Aunt and Uncle. They didn't know that a couple decades later, they would be burnt to a crisp.

However, one thing was explained to me while watching the extras on the DVD which I'll be eternally grateful for. George Lucas explained that Darth Vader really was the chosen one. I always thought it was Luke. But in the end, it was Anakin that killed the last two Sith: the emperor, and himself. I had never thought of that before. I always thought Luke was really the chosen one. (On the same note, wasn't Anakin supposed to bring "balance" to the force? Since when does getting rid of one side constitute "balance"?)

So that's what I thought of that movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home