Japan
Japan was so cool. This may come as a shock, but it was a totally different culture. No one spoke English, but they were so nice about it, and they really tried! If they didn't know the answer, they wouldn't rest until someone answered whatever question you had! And presentation was so important. Exchanging business cards was such a big deal.Here is me in Shinjuku. I was so happy to be there! This is where our hotel was.

Shinjuku at night. I've never seen so many people in my life. It was so exciting!
I took a half an hour train ride to Tokyo to see the Imperial Palace (we were staying in sort of a suburb of Tokyo). I don't recommend it. This is ALL you get to see. Whoo hooo.

Me at the entrance of a shrine. Very pretty greenness.

The dishes for the food were just so cute!

And the toilets. Ah, the toilets. I think I've told everyone about the amazing-ness that was the toilets. They had buttons for flushing strength, a butt spray, and a simulated flushing noise. Some even heated the seat for you. And one even emitting a pleasant aroma if you used the toilet for more than 30 seconds!
I just remembered something from college. A study abroad flyer. It said "See Japan. It's not Claremont. It will be good."
They were right.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home