I'm totally allowed to blog about my own wedding
Nemanja, my mother and I went to Pasadena to pick a reception site for the wedding. We visited 6 places, and narrowed it down to two, and I think I've finally picked one. We also visted the church. This is the story of the weekend. Some of the pictures are terrible because I had to us a disposable camera and I forgot the concept of a flash.The Sheraton was out because this was the view behind the reception room:

Down this street was this place called Castle Green. I think it was a hotel, but now it's this big place that you can rent out the first floor of, although people live above it, which is confusing. By renting the place, you get the grounds, 4 rooms, and then a larger room area where you could have a reception. Here is a terrible picture of the entrance:

And here are two of the rooms:


Here is where you have the sit down dinner:

And here is the front yard:

It was just too weird for me, the people were kind of rude, and Nemanja didn't like it that much, so that was out.
We went to two country clubs. One was right by the Rose Bowl, which just bothered me for some reason. I felt like it was watching me, and there were just people everywhere. We went to a second club, which was great, even if the lady there who was in charge of weddings was midly insane. Here is a picture of the outside.

We really liked this place a lot. In fact, I had almost decided to have it here. Look at the large balconies that we would have had:

However, the place I think we are going to do it is just great. I'll show pictures tomorrow, because I am tired and I am going to bed.

1 Comments:
My vote would totally be for castle green. That large room is so grand, with all those drapes and the marble! And the yard is sooo pretty, just think of doing outdoor pictures in that garden. The westin looks fine, but the pictures don't show anything special, aside from 'nice hotel'.
You can just make your parents pick, if its the cost issue. Then they can't hold it against you for picking the most expensive place.
Post a Comment
<< Home