She's a trooper
Thanks to my friend Katherine. She just started watching Veronica Mars (my guilty pleasure) a few weeks ago. She watched all of season one one DVD. Then I mentioned that she should get caught up on season 2 so we could watch the finale together. So Monday she watched 7 episodes, and Tuesday, she and I watched 3 so we could get caught up! It was so much fun!My new favorite meal, thanks to my co-worker Julia: steamed green beans with hot pepper flakes totally covering every last inch of the green beans. I don't even like spicy food, but I love this!

1 Comments:
Oh, oh! You should try my spicy collard green recipe! It's SO yummy.
- 1 big bunch collard greens (could probably use any greens - mustard greens, turnip greens, kale, etc.)
- chicken broth or water with chicken bullion cube (maybe.... oh... 4 cups? Just enough to cover the greens.)
- red pepper flakes (1-2 tsp or 3-4) :)
- paprika (1-2 tsp)
- garlic, chopped (I put tons - 5-10 cloves - doesn't need to be chopped too finely)
- salt and pepper to taste
In a medium pot, cook the garlic in some olive oil. Add the red pepper flakes, paprika and broth and bring to simmer.
Prep collard greens by washing and desteming: Hold leaf stem up in left hand and rip each side of the leaf off the stem. Then roll 6-8 of the leaves in a tight roll and cut into 1/2 inch - 1 inch wide strips. Drop into the simmering spiced broth.
Simmer for 20 minutes or so, until all the broth/water is evaporated/absorbed.
And there you have it. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home