Lately
I have been doing pretty well the last couple of days. With my parents out of town, and also having relaxed a little bit about the wedding, I realize how much fun my life is.Work was super today! I love my job. Mostly I stood around and complained about the company with other members of my company, and laughed a lot. And my co-worker once again tried to force me to take a break. I felt really bad for working so hard! Then he got mad at me for feeling bad.
Basically, I have several roles in the company now. I get to work, and open up tech support for the day. I check over everything that happened the previous day, and made sure it went ok and was resolved. I check e-mail, and only answer the ones addressed to me, the really easy ones, or the really hard ones. I check voice mail. Then, I eat breakfast.
My co-worker shows up anywhere from 10 to 40 minutes late, and then asks where he needs to pick up the work. I then proceed to check craigslist and my e-mail for 25 minutes.
Around this point, some major tech support issue happens, involving a sales rep or a customer. Today, it was two sales reps, with two major issues. At one point I was on the phone with one sales rep about his problem, while shouting instructions to my co-worker on how to solve the problem with the other sales rep. And out product manager was involved in all of this somehow.
Then I disappeared from tech support for two hours, and no one could find me, even though the building we work in is really small. Apparently, my buddies upstairs were paging me, and I just never heard it, and all the people I was talking too never pointed out I was being paged. They just wanted me to go to lunch with them, so I don’t feel bad for not hearing them. Now we know : you can’t hear the intercom from the bathroom or the demo room. What I was doing was trying to test this theory I have that one of the items we sell needs to be tested better. To do this, I had a 15 minute argument with the research engineer about nothing. He likes to argue. Finally, I got him to show me some systems I needed access too. I just had to wear him down. I know how he works.
When I finished that, I found another engineer, who told me that they decided that I need to become more like a field service tech, and learn how to repair our major systems. So, I get to learn about controllers, phoenix adapters, switches, current and basically lots of yellow, blue, green and white wires. I'm doing this with a big Italian guy, who laughs at all my jokes and discusses Star Trek with me.
So I get back from all of this, and then sat at my desk for an hour and just did random personal stuff, like e-mail, lunch and calling Nemanja. People set up a bunch of meetings with me for the next day, and then I left at 4pm. I now sing extremely loudly in the car as I drive home. It makes all the songs on the radio good songs, I find.

1 Comments:
Cool! A day in the life of Lisa.
What happened to the technical writing type thing? Wasn't that one of your jobs?
Post a Comment
<< Home