Mixed Signals
Today my manager sat me down to talk about several issues she and I need to take care of. At the end of our talk, she brought up an issue that was worrying her. She said that everyone is really worried about me because I work too hard and don't take any breaks. She really thinks I need to take more time away from work.I managed to change the conversation away from this topic. After a few minutes, she was like "hey wait a minute, weren't we talking about you taking breaks?!" So we talked about it some more, and I promised I would relax a little.
She then told me I was the highest performing person working for her, and that she had recommended to the company that I get a higher raise than everyone else. (Whether that goes through depends on how much money we earned in our first quarter, but I appreciated the thought.)
So, like, does she not see the irony of this?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home